VividWgtn’s inaugural poster competition received over 145 entries in the three categories. Our judges found the overall level of entries to be outstanding, which made their jobs even harder to narrow and select the winners. Thanks to everyone that entered it’s exciting to see how much talent we have around us.
Under 18 Category
Winner – Isis Turner Bartlett
Winner – Lizzie Minnis
Winner – Tom Wallace
What we’re looking for is any cracking piece of artwork in an A1 portrait format. It doesn’t have to be in any kind of traditional poster format or advertise or promote anything (except perhaps you!)
It could be a drawing, a painting, some graff, a digital image or a photograph but it has to be all 100% your own work! No copy-cats please!
There are three categories
- Under 18 years of age
- Over 18 Amateur
- Over 18 Semi-Pro / Professional
The winners will receive :
- A cash prize of $500 each
- Ten copies of their poster will be pasted up around Wellington for a week during the Festival.
We will reproduce your A1 (594 x 841 mm) with a narrow text box (90 mm high) at the bottom for the sponsors logos which we will add to the winning posters before they are pasted up. You may want to leave this gap at the bottom of your artwork or just be aware of it while you are composing your poster.
How to enter:
The Competition has now closed.
Please send a PDF of your finished poster to email@example.com by 5pm, Sunday the 19th February, 2017.
As well as your artwork please include your:
Category you are entering:
Guardian (if under 16):
- Amateur means you’ve never sold a piece of artwork before
- Semi-Professional means you have sold at least one piece of artwork
Terms & Conditions
- If you are under the age of 16 you must obtain permission from your parent/guardian before you enter this competition.
- Vividwgtn will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this and future competitions, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
- You give Vividwgtn permission to reproduce submitted work on www.vividwgtn.nz, our social media and on Phantom Billsticker sites.
- Competition winners agree to their names being published and to be photographed and/or interviewed by media or the promoter and that the promoter may use their names and such photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- The deadline for receiving entries for the competition is final. No entries received after the given date will be considered.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be contacted personally.
- Vividwgtn does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or emailing errors. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- This competition is not open to employees or contractors of Vividwgtn, any person directly or indirectly involved in Vividwgtn or the running of the competition, or their direct family members.
- Vividwgtn reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Prizes unclaimed after 14 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and Vividwgtn reserves the right to either offer the prize to the entrant whose name is next drawn at random, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
Our Sponsors, Judges and to Sean Duffell for designing the poster advertising the competition.